Kid Talk is so excited to announce hosting Dr. Robbie Adler-Tapia in February 2020 at Dallas Baptist University for an advanced training on EMDR with kiddos. Dr. Robbie is out of Arizona and we are so honored she is traveling south to work with us Texas.
At Kid Talk we already use EMDR with kiddos and wanted to bring this knowledge to Dallas area clinicians to have a better understanding of a developmentally ground techniques for working with kiddos while using EMDR. Dr. Robbie is amazing! If you are a clinician, trained in EMDR and work with kiddos you do not want to miss this event.
Cost is 305 for two full days and 13 EMDRIA approved CE’s.
Registration is here:
About the Event
Dr. Adler-Tapia will present case conceptualization through the lens of the Adaptive Information Processing Theory (AIP). She will explain how to change the language of EMDR therapy to meet the child’s developmental needs, and how to specifically apply the 8 phases with children. Participants will learn how to develop a comprehensive treatment plan and create child-oriented methods for resourcing and stabilization skills along with Cognitive and Motor Interweaves. There may also be a discussion, time allowing, of child development theory as it applies to the AIP theory. Participants may consult with Dr. Adler-Tapia on how to use EMDR therapy with complex cases with a variety of special topic areas, including: ADHD, giftedness, attachment, dissociation, and sexual reactivity.
Workshop Objectives :
- Conceptualize the AIP Model with children from infants to adolescents.
- Demonstrate child languaging for implementing the goals and objectives of the 8 phases of EMDR therapy.
- Describe child-oriented methods for advanced resourcing, cognitive interweaves, and Mapping.
- Develop treatment plan using Attachment Genograms, Mapping, and the Reverse Protocol created by Dr. Robbie.
- Describe “Launching targets into the future” in order to develop coping skills for kids to develop skills to manage traumatic events.
- Explain the stages of child development through the lens of the AIP Model.
- Describe EMDR therapy application to complex cases in specialty areas with diagnoses of ADHD, Giftedness, OCD, Attachment, Sexual Reactivity, and Dissociation.
- Learn to provide EMDR therapy with children and families in the child welfare system.