Clarissa Marone (Claire) is a recent graduate from the University of North Texas where she received her Master’s in Clinical and Mental Health Counseling with a specialty in Play Therapy from the largest play therapy training program in the world. Claire is a Licensed Professional Counselor- Intern under the supervision of Robi Heath, M.Ed., LPC-S, RPT-S.
Claire completed her counseling internship at a non-profit working with families who had been impacted by domestic violence and sexual assault. Claire provided individual and group counseling services to women, adolescents, and children. Claire experienced working with issues such as abuse, anxiety, attachment concerns, depression, relationship/family concerns, self-esteem, and trauma.
Claire is passionate about Play Therapy and loves the beauty of truly believing in a child, showing them unconditional love and acceptance, and allowing freedom for the child to fully express themselves on their journey towards healing! Claire says that being a play therapist is truly her dream job and is eager to continue her work with children!
Random factoids about Claire: Claire spends her time away from the office spending time with her husband and her friends, trying new sweets, shopping, and exploring new places! Claire has two fur-babies, Tiger and Raven.
- Master of Science in Counseling with a specialty in Play Therapy from the University of North Texas
- Bachelor in Psychology from Texas Tech University
- Play Therapy
- Child Parent Relationship Therapy (CPRT)
- Texas Association for Play Therapy
- American Counseling Association
- Chi Sigma Iota Counseling Academic and Professional Honor Society International
- ADHD/Attention Issues
- Attachment and Relationship Concerns
- Behavioral Concerns
- Family Changes
- School Concerns
- Sensory Issues
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Ideation